Central Park Primary school, our aim is to ensure:
· All pupils are offered access to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum
· All pupils with be given the opportunity to reach their full potential educationally, emotionally and physically, irrespective of their individual differences.
· All teachers view themselves as teachers of pupils with special educational needs and teaching such pupils is a whole school responsibility.
· All pupils have equal entitlement to quality first teaching
· Pupils’ special educational needs will be met through a balance of provision within the mainstream classroom and specific tailored interventions
· Pupils views should be taken into account
· A strong working partnership and effective dialogue with parents and carers is essential.
Pupils who are identified as having Special Educational Needs may be supported on an individual basis, in small groups or within the class through the adaptation of the curriculum.
Where required, specialist services are consulted to seek advice in knowing how to best support pupils with SEND and involved in reviewing and monitoring the impact of this. Parents and carers are at all times involved in deciding how best to support pupils with SEND.