Home Schooling Links for Staff, Parents and Pupils
This link gives parents all the updated information about videos, storytime and poetry videos, all of which I have reiterated below.
Set 2 and 3 Speed Sounds lessons will include new words for reading and spelling.
New daily films:
• Read longer words: for children who can read Set 3 sounds and words confidently.
• Read Red Words 1: for children who are reading Red, Green, Purple, Pink and Orange Read Write Inc. Storybooks. Many children are able to read these in Reception.
• Read Red Words 2: for children who are reading Yellow, Blue and Grey Read Write Inc. Storybooks. Many children are able to read these in Y1.
• Read and Hold a Sentence 1 reading and writing practice for children reading Green, Purple, Pink and Orange Read Write Inc. Storybooks. (For children reading and writing with Set 1 sounds confidently and learning Set 2 sounds.)
• Read and Hold a Sentence 2 : reading and writing practice for children reading Yellow, Blue and Grey Read Write Inc. Storybooks. (For children reading and writing words with Set 2 sounds confidently and learning Set 3 sounds.)
2. Storytime with Nick- online stories for the chn to listen to
Watch Storytime with Nick; films of well-loved stories read by Nick Cannon, a trained actor, teacher and trainer and a wonderful storyteller.
A new story is added to our YouTube channel at 2pm Friday each week.
Films are only available via RWI youtube, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Storytime includes books by Tom Percival, Cressida Cowell, David Melling, Jeanne Willis, Judith Kerr, Oliver Jeffers and David Walliams
Most films will be available for the period of school closure.
3. Poetry Time
To encourage a love of poetry, we have seven Poetry Time films for children in Reception and Year 1 to watch, If your child is in Y2, you will enjoy these too as poetry is for all ages. RWI's performers, Nick and Elly, show how reading poems with thought and attention can evoke strong feelings in children – and adults! Children and parents can join in, enjoy the poems again and again and even learn them by heart.
Click on the image below to load Read Write Inc.